GEESYS MPPT solar controller with Microcontroller technology is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic(PV) systems. The controller features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV and also provides load control to prevent over discharge of the battery.
The GEESYS MPPT is well suited for both professional and consumer PV applications including automatic lighting control. Its charging process has been optimized for long battery life and improved system performance. This product is epoxy encapsulated for environmental protection, may be adjusted by the user via four settings switches or connection to a personal computer, and has an optional remote meter and battery temperature sensor.
The MPPT controller is more sophisticated (and more expensive): it will adjust its input voltage to harvest the maximum power from the solar array and then transform this power to supply the varying voltage requirement, of the battery plus load. Thus, it essentially decouples the array and battery voltages so that there can be, for example, a 12 volt battery on one side of the MPPT charge controller and a large number of cells wired in series to produce 36 volts on the other.
To fully exploit the potential of the MPPT controller, the array voltage should be substantially higher than the battery voltage. The MPPT controller is the solution of choice for higher power systems (because of the lowest overall system cost due to smaller cable cross sectional areas). The MPPT controller will also harvest substantially more power when the solar cell temperature is low (below 45°C), or very high (above 75°C), or when irradiance is very low.
- MPPT 12V, (3 – 60)A Charge Controller
- MPPT 24V, (3 – 60)A Charge Controller
- MPPT 36V, (10 – 60)A Charge Controller
- MPPT 48V, (10 – 80)A Charge Controller
- MPPT 96V, (10 – 80)A Charge Controller
- MPPT 120V, (10 – 80)A Charge Controller
- MPPT 240V, (10 – 80)A Charge Controller
- MPPT 360V, (10 – 80)A Charge Controller
- Auto input PV – VMP tracking
- DSP based controlled algorism
- Single card state – of - the
- Wide PV input voltage range
- User friendly LCD displays for all parameters
- Temp compensation for charging
- Up to 30% extra power as compared to PWM
- Rs232 for external communication
- Maximum Power Point Tracking : The MPPT controller will harvest more power from the solar array. The performance advantage is substantial (10% to 40%) when the solar cell temperature is low (below 45°C), or very high (above 75°C),or when irradiance is very low.At high temperature or low irradiance the output voltage of the array will drop dramatically. More cells must then be connected in series to make sure that the output voltage of the array exceeds battery voltage by a comfortable margin.
- Lower cabling cost and/or lower cabling losses: Ohm’s law tells us that losses due to cable resistance are Pc (Watt) = Rc x I², where Rc is the resistance of the cable. What this formula shows is that for a given cable loss, cable cross sectional area can be reduced by a factor of four when doubling the array voltage.
In the case of a given nominal power, more cells in series will increase the output voltage and reduce the output current of the array (P = V x I, thus, if P doesn’t change, then I must decrease when V increases).
As array size increases, cable length will increase. The option to wire more panels in series and thereby decrease the cable cross sectional area with a resultant drop in cost, is a compelling reason to install an MPPT controller as soon as the array power exceeds a few hundred Watts (12 V battery), or several 100s of Watts (24 V or 48 V battery).
- MPPT controllers offer a potential increase in charging efficiency up to 30% (Maximizes energy harvest)
- These controllers also offer the potential ability to have an array with higher input voltage than the battery bank
- You can get sizes up to 80 Amps
- MPPT controller warranties are typically longer than PWM units
- MPPT offer great flexibility for system growth
- Longer Battery life
- Extensive electronic Protections
- Fully adjustable and highly reliable
- MCU based buck converter 12/24Volt 20/40A.
- MPPT Technology, efficiency improved by more than 20%.
- First in its class LCD with Power and Energy measurement.
- Menu settable configuration using 2x16 LCD and 3 push buttons.
- Menu settable Battery voltage, battery current , Float voltage and Float current.
- Three stage Charging.
- Over voltage/Over current protection.
- Optional relays to control Mains charger and Inverter.
- Lower System Cost
| BATTERY INPUT
| ARRAY INPUT RANGE
|| 25 - 50Vdc
|| 45 - 100Vdc
|| 45 - 100Vdc
|| 60 - 150Vdc
|| 60 - 150Vdc
|| 60 - 150Vds
| MAX PV ARRAY CAPACITY
| RECOMMENDED PV PANEL TYPE
| STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION
|| 185X140x90mm (HxWxL)
|| 250x175x100mm (HxWxL)
| CHARGER TYPE
|| BUCK CONVERTER WITH MPPT
|| [UPTO 98%
| CHARGING STAGES
|| BULK (CC), FLOAT (CV),CHARGING
| POWER ACCURACY (LCD DISPLAY)
| VOLTAGE ACCURACY (LCD I DISPLAY)
|LCD DISPLAY PARAMETERS
||PV VOLTAGE,PV POWER,BATTERY VOLTAGE, BATTERY STATUS,CHARGER STATUS &ALL FAULTS
||PV I/P UNDER/OVER/REVERSE,BATTERY I/P UNDER/OVER/REVERSE,OVERLOAD TEMPERATURE
|DATA COMMUNICATION FACILITY
|| RS232 EX-COMMUNICATION
|OPERATING TEMP RANGE
||DSP CONTROLLED PWM ALGORISM
||AUTOMATIC COOLING FAN (INSIDE THE ENCLOSURE)